Expanding the Reach for Mental Wellness for Better Performance in Sport & Life
- New Path Youth & Family Services, with the support of Morton Youth Services and coaches, developed Expand the Reach.
- Community based activity groups provide many benefits to youth, and act as a protective and preventative factor for many.
- The coach/athlete relationship is often one of the most significant relationships in a young person’s life.
- The goal is to support coaches and provide them with the necessary “tools”, to assist with the identification of behaviours that may indicate mental health problems.
- Research shows that 1 in 5 children have a mental health problem, and we know that early diagnosis and treatment lead to better outcomes for children later in life, and decrease involvement in youth justice system.
Exciting News for our Expand The Reach Program
Listening to the brave youth tell their stories at the AGM #newbeginnings
Listening to the brave youth sharing their stories #newpathbeginnings
RT @NewPathYFS: Lots of exciting things happening tonight at Youth-led New Path AGM. Stay tuned ... #NewBeginnings @Help4The1in5 https://t.…