Expanding the Reach for Mental Wellness for Better Performance in Sport & Life
- New Path Youth & Family Services, with the support of Morton Youth Services and coaches, developed Expand the Reach.
- Community based activity groups provide many benefits to youth, and act as a protective and preventative factor for many.
- The coach/athlete relationship is often one of the most significant relationships in a young person’s life.
- The goal is to support coaches and provide them with the necessary “tools”, to assist with the identification of behaviours that may indicate mental health problems.
- Research shows that 1 in 5 children have a mental health problem, and we know that early diagnosis and treatment lead to better outcomes for children later in life, and decrease involvement in youth justice system.
Exciting News for our Expand The Reach Program
RT @mentally_tough: #SAMHI is at the #ETRSummit talking mental health with youth, coaches and parents from the GTA @ExpandTheReach @StdntsC…
@joe_forte thanks for your contributions at the summit today!
RT @StdntsCmmssn: Learning how to express yourself with dance at the #ETRSUMMIT thanks to @RIGHTFOOTSTUDIO @ExpandTheReach https://t.co/wfH…